The following changes with Emblem Health, small group enrollment requirements will be implemented effective 11/1/2012 for all new business in New York:
1) Minimum 2 contracts or 60% participation after valid waivers.
2) Group may choose up to 2 products in the product suite but need a minimum of 5 enrolled employees.
3) Group may choose up to 3 plans in the EmblemHealth suite provided they have a minimum of 20 enrolled employees.
4) Other carrier waiver is no longer a valid waiver.
5) CompreHealth (HMO) groups are unaffected by these changes
Existing groups will be affected by these new requirements at a later date. We will update this blog release as official word comes down from Emblem.